image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO H.A|A PLACE FOR ARCHITECTURE|AND|DESIGN

Interior Architect, 5 years in the making

Five years. It has already been five years since the first day I began studying interior architecture. It trully was the start of something beautiful, a dream coming true. I remember those days in highschool, everytime I had a paper in my hand, I would draw a house, a piece of furniture etc... There was no subject I found interesting. All I had in mind, all I really wanted to do was : CREATE. There were signs that appeared way before, but it's just today that I recall all of them, and finally understood that every step we take, is meant to be taken.

2012..it has officially started, I'll be working on becoming an interior architect ! I was trully happy buying all the school supplies ( pencils, paint, papers...). The first year was all about learning how to draw a plan, how to make a section and a façade. And of course other subjects i was less excited about, even though they were important for an architect.

The work intensity grew year by year, as well as the number of sleepless nights. Every minute, every second left empty was expensive to waste. Getting on time to the printing house was pretty rare I have to admit, we'd always feel like there were more details that had to be highlighted. Yet no matter how hard we worked, the professor was never satisfied. But let's face it, no one will be nice to you once you'll officially start working. A client may change his mind many times an hour, that's why you have to be patient and attentive to what your client has to say, and all the ideas he or she lays out. 

What is really great about studying interior architecture, is that you get to build your own vision through what your classmates make. None of you create the same thing ever, but you get to see different ways of thinking and creating and thus, build you own ideas. There's no need to being disappointed if your project was not the best in class, even though according to you you drew your plans and details correctly. All you have to do is visualise your professor as a client, whose taste unfortunately did not match yours. 

I may not have much knowledge about working as an interior architect since I myself have just graduated. But I'm excited to learn even more about it, bring my ideas to life and earn the title of Interior Architect.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire