image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO H.A|A PLACE FOR ARCHITECTURE|AND|DESIGN

BLANCK AND WHITE, my philosophy?






We all have our favorite colors, do we not? Mine are black and white, though they aren't really concidered as colors. We know white is the absence of any color, while black is all the colors gathered. But anyways, to me white surpasses black, I would look at a white surface for hours and still not get sick of doing so. White helps you clear your mind, white doesn't hurt. It has always been present in architecture, since it's THE color that widens a space. If you live in a small house/appartment do not think of any other color than white, in addition to that, it will help lighten your place. Also, many famous architects have used only white in their projects. Let me give you some names, you may also find some pictures below : "Le Corbusier", "Richard Meier", "SANAA Architects", "Fran Silvestre Architectos"... I think that the use of white in architecture is a sign of reaching the top of "modern" and "contemporary", because nowadays, we want to live in a place where we feel free. We want to be able to move in a limitless space, and white is what gives that feeling of infinity. As an Interior Architecture student, I tend to watch many architecture related shows. There's a specific one called "The Home Show", where the british architect "George Clarke" literally transforms people's houses. After emptying the house he's going to transform, there's this step he does that I find perfect : he covers the flour then paints each and every corner of the house in white. He then calls the owners to show them the pure and true identity of the house where they lived for several years. They get the feeling of surprise because they never thought their home could look wider and brighter. 

Now moving to black, it's present in my everyday life. I tend to wear black more than any other colors. But hey wait, what colors? I'm against too much colors so it's wether black, white, blue jeans and I think I sometimes add a unicolor piece and that's it. Oh, I use red, for my nails, because it's the nailpolish color that will never die. Now let's go back to black, isn't it the most elegant color of all times? Yes it is. Isn't it the color that you can use anywhere but still fits in? Yes it is. Isn't it the color that symbolizes power? Yes it is. As I said, there many famous architects who used only white in their creations, then are there some who use black? Yes there are. Black is starting to find its own place next to white. It certainly can't be used by itself in an interior, but we can have the same ammount of black and white or loads of black and some white to bring light to the space. A house with a black façade is splendid, imagine one between too many normal houses. It stands out by itself, which is amazing. I really want to show you some projects where black is dominant but I will just do that in future posts on the blog. So stay tuned.

Villa Savoye, Le Corbusier

Gardone Residence, Richard Meier

Moriyama House, Sanaa Architects

Balint House, Fran Silvestre Architectos

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire